Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Quasi Duathlon

Duathlon? DUATHLON?

What in the world is a Duathlon?

Well, basically it is two out of the three Triathlon events; typically running and biking only you do two running portions and one long biking portion.

On Saturday, my plan was to do a quasi Triathlon but the storm in the  middle of the night and my baby girl kicking me while she slept (I didn't) made me rethink the Triathlon....I just couldn't get out of bed to take the kids to swim so that I could get the swimming portion of the Triathlon in. Sorry folks, but I do not do open water swimming. I may run open water swimming events for local teams but I do not get in the water. 

But I got my butt in gear later that morning and decided to do a Duathlon instead!

My Duathlon consisted of a 5K on the treadmill, then an 18 mile bike ride, followed by a 5K at the Stockton University track.

What am I going to earn by completely the Duathlon? I decided that I would earn my Practically Perfect medal that's been waiting for something good!


This is such a beautiful medal and I absolutely LOVED earning it. I can't wait to get the capri pants and running shoes that match my Practically Perfect tank! PSSSS, I ordered them today, Tuesday! Don't tell Chuck! 😜

This was me after the first 5K on the treadmill. 
Going to eat some of my Pumpkin Oatmeal and then 
off to do the 18 mile bike ride around Galloway!

I'm not going to lie that bike ride was TOUGH! But I persevered and got it done! Typically I would wear a bike helmet for such a long ride but I couldn't find mine and Chuck's was too big, it just would not fit. I'm a risk it!

I only got ALMOST hit 6 times; twice by the same person. But who's counting! The fact is I made it through and that's what matters.

A few years ago I would ride my bike 16 + miles every week back and forth to weight watchers so I knew I could do this, but dam, that took it out of me. And the thought that I still have a 5K more to run before my Duathlon is over is about to send me down for the count! A bottle of Gatorade and a bottle of water later, I was ready for my 2nd 5K.

I was hoping that Jesse would join me for my 2nd 5K of the day since I was running at Stockton, but he wanted no parts of it. Oh well, off to run by myself!

Not much of a smile on my face, but I did 
just complete 24.2 miles of exercise!

After having done this Duathlon, I think it is way more difficult than a Triathlon. NOW, if I had completed open water swimming for a Triathlon I may think differently, but open water swimming is just not for me.

Next time, I'm going to get my butt out of bed no matter what and do that quasi triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment