Monday, August 20, 2018

And the smile returns....

Nothing brings a smile back to my little girls face like telling her we are going clothes shopping for her! Oh Lord help me but this girl is so GIRLIE!

After our run earlier in the day I told Zoey to go get a shower so we can go birthday clothes shopping for her!

WHAT!?!?! We're going clothes shopping? YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

I did not have the same reaction that she did. I do believe I was crying on the inside because taking Zoey clothes shopping is not my idea of fun. I typically make Chuck do this.

Zoey comes down the stairs to let me know that she is ready to shop!


After a successful trip to Kohl's where Zoey got several pairs of Unicorn and Flamingo pajamas, a "fancy" dress for her birthday, earrings/necklace gift set, new "fancy" shoes that I would never have bought normally, and the ugliest jacket I think I've seen we were all set to head to Wal-Mart for a few odds and ends. Just so you know, I loved the 80s. It was by far the best era for all things.....but the come back of 80s style clothes is just not doing it for me anymore. And this jacket is straight outta the 80s!

BTW, thank you to Grahamcracker for finding the correct size in the ugly jacket (hot pink and silver metallic ugliness.....I mean wonderfulness). I was truly hoping that we wouldn't have to get it since it didn't fit. But, luckily Mary found a size that fits. I'm so happy about this! UGH!

The truck somehow took us to Dunkin' Donuts instead of Wal-Mart after the ugliwonderful jacket we found. I'm not really sure how that happened but before I knew it we were sitting in Dunkin' Donuts having a girls chocolate break!


Just after Zoey ordered her chocolate milk and boston cream donut she goes and plunks herself down in a "comfy" chair next to this young guy and says "Howdy Partner!" I started laughing and the guy almost spit out his coffee. Which of course made Zoey giggle and me laugh harder. The guy just looks at me like "what am I supposed to do?" I laughed more and said "she's really friendly". He just smiled at her and continued to be uncomfortable. Zoey just looked at him and shrugged her shoulders.

After shopping we picked up Jesse, dropped off Grandmom, and headed to Ben's 7th Bday party! The smiles continued when Zoey got to have a chocolate cupcake with blue icing! She may have gotten a little on her face. Although I think Ms. Amber helped with that!



No comments:

Post a Comment