Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Instant Pot Blueberry Zucchini Oatmeal

I am LOVING the Instant Pot!

Sunday I made my second batch of oatmeal. This time Blueberry Zucchini Oatmeal!

I know, I know, who puts Blueberries in oatmeal? I mean seriously, what was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking that I needed something to go with some Zucchini, and what better than blueberries! To be honest I was dreaming of my friend Nadia's Blueberry Zucchini Bread. And since I'm trying to keep the carbs low and I know I can't control myself with that bread around I decided to go a better route for myself. Sorry Nadia, but your food is so good I cannot control myself around it!

Let's start with the fact that anything I put in the Instant Pot does not look good BUT just because it doesn't look good doesn't mean it tastes bad! Some things just look gross! LOL!


Jesse took a look at this and said "I'll pass, don't ask me to try that!" I love what comes out of his mouth. He's such a funny kid! But you know what, I was making this for me so "No soup, errr Oatmeal, for you!"


I did a little more research on my Instant Pot and decided to give the "Porridge" setting a try! I didn't want to have the "Burn" message pop up again! This was definitely the ticket. So if you have a "Porridge" setting and you are using rolled oats, 6 minutes is a perfect setting.


Looks pretty dang gum good in there! Yeah, Yeah, yeah, Jesse, I know it looks like vomit, but it doesn't taste like vomit!

This recipe made four servings of yummy blueberry oatmeal with a serving of zucchini mixed in. You could not taste the zucchini at all which is even better when you are looking for something on the sweeter side.


Ingredients

  • 1 pint of Fresh Blueberries (1 cup to cook, remainder for top of oatmeal)
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 cup Quaker Rolled Oats (uncooked)
  • 2 1/4 cups water
  • 1/8 tsp salt (optional)
  • 1 Tbsp Swerve sweetener (optional but included in nutritional information)

Directions

  • Coat the bottom and sides of the inner Instant Pot pan with non-stick cooking spray. 
  • Mix in all the ingredients in the Instant Pot; stirring well.
  • Set the Instant Pot to "Porridge", High, for 6 minutes, "Sealing"
  • Once it is done, release the seal
  • You can use the remaining blueberries as an additional topping for the oatmeal. 

Nutritional Info from (MyFitnessPal)



No comments:

Post a Comment