Thursday, August 16, 2018

Zoey's 2nd Day of 5K training...

Since you are all religious readers of my blog you already know how well Zoey's first day of 5K training went! I know I know....you read all my posts, every day, over and over again. 😜

Well, her 2nd day was much better but you wouldn't know by the look on her face when we finished.

I was laughing so hard! I'm still laughing and it's the next day!
My baby girl is NOT impressed with running! When she tries, she's actually decent at it!

My little carbetarian needs to learn how to enjoy running!

Let's back up.....BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!

As we are driving to the track I state the following...

"OK guys, listen up! We are going to have fun on this training day! We are going to keep are chests up, look out in front of us, pay attention to our breathing, and we will not cry! Everybody understand?"

Jesse replies with "Yep, I got it! We're going to have a positive attitude too!" He's really into it and chipper!

Zoey replies with "UGH, all of that was for me wasn't it?"

Jesse and I reply at the same time "YES!"

Zoey says "FINE!" in this very snarky voice; she as highly annoyed and turns to look out the window to ignore us. I was trying so hard not to laugh. It's not supposed to be funny but when your 7 year old gives a huff, concedes to defeat and then sulks about it....that shit is funny!

Jesse turns to me quietly and says "I'm going to push her". Now just reading that I'm sure some folks are thinking physically pushing Zoey. NOOOOO! I knew what Jesse meant. He was going to get her to run harder, faster, really make her try!

The warmup and first two running segments went well and Zoey did fantastic. Then Jesse leans into me a bit and says "I'm going to do it this time; she can do better!" I just agree silently. 

The third running segment Jesse starts to speed up, so I speed up, and Zoey speeds up; thankfully! The rule is you have to keep up with mommy. You can go faster but you have to at least keep up with me. That lap had her running at a 11 minute mile pace. I was so happy to see that. 

The 4th running segment Jesse went even faster and we go Zoey running at a 10 minute mile pace. I gave Jesse a wink and he knew to push it on the next one. On the 5th running segment we go Zoey running at a 9 minute mile pace. WHOO HOOO! That was AWESOME!

 Now I cannot keep up a 9 minute mile pace myself so we backed off and ran at an 11 minute mile pace for the rest of the time. I did have to focus Zoey's breathing after the 5th segment but she was able to come back down to normal quickly. 

And low and behold running didn't kill her and WAIT FOR IT........

SHE DIDN'T CRY!

Miracles never cease! I'll be honest, I thought for sure that she was going to kick, scream, and act as if someone was going Psycho on her. EEE, EEE, EEE!  No???? OK FINE!

Anywho, Jesse sprinted for the last quarter mile and actually broke a sweat in the 90 degree heat. Zoey and I on the other hand were drenched in sweat!

These precious moments are absolutely wonderful!

Zoey told me when we got home that she didn't know getting that medal was going to be like this and she is not impressed at all. My reply was "Hard work is quite rewarding and you are going to be so proud of yourself when you accomplish this goal!" She replied with "meh!"

My kids crack me up!

Friday is day 3! I tried to convince them that getting up early to go run before the day's heat comes was a good idea. Jesse is game and Zoey had an emphatic "NO!" LMAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment