Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Instant Pot Recipes - YESSSSS Please!

As some of you may have noticed I am in LOVE with my Instant Pot! I'm thinking that the Bown Family, well maybe except for Zoey, are all in LOVE with the Instant Pot!

FOR THE INSTANT POT!!!!!!!!!!

With school starting tomorrow I have got to find some Instant Pot dishes so that I can have a great dinner for the family, since we will all be eating at different times. Chuck and Mary will be eating at a normal time whereas the kids and I will either be eating early or super late due to running, swimming, homework, and everything else going on during the school year.

I've been scouring the innerwebs in hopes of finding some great recipes that I can easily make in the Instant Pot. Of course I'll still be making my Keto/Low Carb dishes on nights when we are not swim bound or on the weekends. So many recipes the whole family loves; again except our little Zoey who refuses to embrace food of any kind. 

As with many healthy dishes I went straight to I Breathe I'm Hungry to see what Mellissa has available for the Instant Pot. She did NOT disappoint!

Here are some recipes I will definitely be trying over the next month. BTW, these were found on I Breathe I'm Hungry's post about the 35 best Low-Carb/Paleo Instant Pot Recipes:

  • Belizean Stewed Chicken - I'll probably use boneless, skinless chicken thighs and legs as my gang does not like a lot of fat, skin, or bone in their chicken. I might even try this with chicken breast. 
  • Easy Keto Balsamic Beef Pot Roast - This recipe has info for the Instant Pot as well as cooking it on the stove. Chuck is not a huge beef fan but I'm going to give this a try!
  • Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip - I'm quite skeptical about trying this as it is very similar to the Chicken Crack recipes, but it does sound good!
  • Chili - You can't go wrong with a good chili recipe and I've been trying a bunch of different ones this year! Maybe I'll do a post just on the different chilis we've tried. 
  • Hard Boiled Eggs - Yeah I know this isn't a dinner per say, I mean I guess it could be, just ask Mary! 
  • Ghoulash - UMMM, the name "Ghoulash" just doesn't sound appealing; however, take a look at the picture and you may change your mind!
  • Jamaican Jerk Pork Roast - Oh Mellissa, this looks so good! I need to make a grocery list now!
  • Spaghetti Squash - I'm in the mood for some spaghetti squash......I'm wondering if I made this the night before and then used it for the Chicken & Chorizo Spaghetti Squash bowls how it would turn out?
  • Asian Beef Pot Roast - I bet you this would go great over some Shirtaki Noodles! I just got my latest order of Miracle Noodles in. Time to get cooking!
  • Green Chicken Chili - Yep, I'm definitely on a chili kick!
  • Rotisserie Chicken - Really? You can make this in the instant pot? Sounds like a winner winner chicken dinner to me! Wonder if I can cook potatoes in there with it?
  • Meatballs??? Buffalo Chicken Meatballs to be precise! I'm trying to get away from everything red sauce and find different things to tickle the taste buds. These might do it! but sometimes you just need traditional meatballs with red sauce!
  • Steamed Veggies; Chuck was just asking me about this last night...."Could we do more steamed veggies in the Instant Pot?" Well sure we can if I can find some recipes or directions! How about some Artichoke? Brussel Sprouts?
  • Sausage and Peppers is always a good meal! Although I must say that nothing will ever beat the Sausage and Peppers we get at Dollywood. We dream about those!
  • Mexi-Meatloaf anyone? Chuck loves meatloaf and I've made it a few different ways over the years. It will be interesting to try it in the Instant Pot. If it goes well I might try my other meatloaf recipes in there. 
  • Curried Chicken with Potatoes! This looks so good! Although I typically am Keto/Low-Carb which means no potatoes I'm going to be splurging once a week with rice or potatoes so I don't go crazy! Sometimes a girl just needs her carbs!
  • Zuppa Toscana - We were just at Olive Garden last week for Zoey's birthday and the adults at the table were loving the fresh pot of Zuppa Toscana. I've tried to make this soup in the past with no luck; I'm so willing to try this again!

While searching her site, I also found these lovely delectables that I'm eager to try:

Feel free to look through my "Recipes" label to for all the dishes I've posted over the years. One of these days I'll get my recipe book finished and will post it; not published, just posted for others to enjoy!

If you have a favorite Keto/Low-Carb or Instant Pot recipe that you love please share it! I'm always up for trying new recipes!

When I get some more free time, HA HA HA, I'm going to look at the email my BFF Jill sent me. There were several Instant Pot meals that caught my eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment