Tuesday, September 4, 2018

August 2018 KetoKrate Review

Well here it is September 2018 and I am just getting to post about my August Keto Krate. This summer seriously flew by in a FLASH! Flash Gordon???? Maybe not!

I mentioned to Chuck just yesterday that the September Keto Krates were on their way. He says "OOOHH, I love those krates! I really was skeptical but they are so good!" You can't go wrong when the hubby says that something like this is good. I replied with "It's really worth our $35 a month!"

Guess what folks? It really is worth it! When you have a family of 5 and everyone enjoys this monthly orange box of yumminess! You just can't go wrong!

I may be using A LOT of exclamation points today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, my pictures aren't the greatest this month. I' had to get a replacement phone and lets just say that I lost some pictures, found some pictures, got some blurry pictures, and eventually I think what was left was just some uncropped pictures. Such is life....

Without further adieu let's talk the August Keto Krate....


Look at all those fun treats in this bag! I jumped right in for the "Parm Crisps" and before I knew it Mary, Jesse, and Zoey were all leaning over my shoulder wanting to try them as well. YUMMY!

We've had the SmartCakes" before, I wasn't a huge fan as they tend to mess with my blood sugar levels. With that being said Mary enjoys them and was quite excited to see that another one made it into the box!

At the top of the Keto Krate pamphlet, handout, flyer, whatever you want to call it, was a wonderful treat! Curt's Classic Flax Crackers from Rad Food central were delicious! Mary and I really enjoyed these and it was hard to figure out who was going to finish the bag first. I ate these with chicken salad! YUMMY!

Next was the Sea Salt Pecans from Front Porch Pecans. These were very good however my family would have loved to have received the Habenero BBQ Pecans as was it pictured.

I already mentioned the Parm Crisps and had to fight off three smaller Bown vultures in order to enjoy these.....Yes, Mary is included in the "three smaller Bown vultures!" Tee hee!!!!!!!!


You all know how I feel about meat snacks of any kind. I'm a carnivore, there is no denying that, but don't dry my meat! I don't want jerky of any kind. HOWEVER, Chuck and Mary go BANANAS for pretty much any type of jerky. So Keto Krate, please keep sending these.

Zoey has been enjoying the Chocolate Hazelnut Syrup from Nekstella. matter of fact she asked just yesterday for the Nekstella on her peanut butter sandwich.

The Nekstella Waffle Mix wasn't in my krate; however, Keto Krate had sent out an email stating that there was an issue with production and that each person was only getting one or the other Nekstella items. Things happen, at least they told us what had happened.

The RECIPE!

I love getting a new recipe each month with my Keto Krate. There is typically something fun for the recipe and who doesn't love Chicken Fingers! I know I love them! And let's face it folks, there wasn't a typo, that I found, in this month's recipe! WHOO HOOO! 


I used a mixture of the pecans, and some almond flour as I don't like to use coconut flour that much. The hubby isn't a coconut fan and he can pick it out of the thin air when it is in a recipe.


I used the BBQ sauce we got a month or so ago from an earlier Keto Krate and these were delicious! BTW, We used the rest of the BBQ sauce and some of the ketchup from earlier Keto Krates to make meatloaf. That was really tasty too.....That may have been in July. I did say the summer went by in a flash didn't I? 


All in all the Bown family was quite pleased with August's Keto Krate and are waiting on bated breath for our September Keto Krate to arrive!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment