Tuesday, August 28, 2018

UH OHHH It's Week 3!

3 Minute Runs!!!!!!!!!!!!

"WHAT? What? Why? OMG!" says Zoey as I remind the kids that this week starts week 3 where we will transition to three minute running intervals. Zoey was once again not impressed.

As usual the kids run up to the track ahead of me and try to do something different each time. This has become something of a game with us. This time, they were both "Sleeping" and couldn't start running.


Jesse requested that I get a close up of him....and of course, Zoey HAD TO PHOTO BOMB HIM! Considering Jesse does this to everyone all the time I couldn't tell her no.


Let's face it, it was hot yesterday and I was a bit concerned about how we were all going to do with running for longer intervals, but you know, you have to start somewhere. I reminded Zoey that this longer run was more about pacing herself, keeping her breathing even, and finishing. It doesn't matter how far she gets, she just has to keep going. JUST KEEP SWIMMING! Wait, we're running, not swimming!

The workout today was 5 minute walk, 90 seconds run, 90 seconds walk, 3 minutes walk, 3 minutes walk; repeat, and then a 5 minute cool down. NOW, my goal is for us always to go farther than we went the last time. SO, we always do extra run/walks to get there. We did 6 runs (90 secs, 3 mins, 90 secs, 3 mins, 2 mins, 3 mins) with walks in between and managed to get to 2.5 miles! Another new record for Zoey!

Afterwards we completed 30 squats, 30 crunches, and a 30 second plank. Jesse ran the bleachers 8 times while Zoey and I completed it 4 times.

After it was all said and done I was quite happy with our progress! Zoey refused to take a group selfie after we finished but I managed to get her picture when we got home. Little princess was not happy and wanted to collapse. She was even less happy when I told her she had to eat the chicken and rice that I made for dinner.


Tomorrow we will run again and I know we will smash that 2.5 miles!

OOOOH, I almost forgot, I wore my new Mary Poppins capri running pants for our workout! These pants are from MainStreetBella.com and are unbelievably comfortable! I'm looking forward to wearing them when we go to Disney in October!


Oh yeah, those are my new running shoes (about a  month old now).

No comments:

Post a Comment