Thursday, August 23, 2018

Zoey's 5K Training - Day 5

I love that each time we go out to run Zoey is in a better mood. It makes me feel good to know that she's not so scared about running anymore and can find the joy in it.

Either that or she's faking it really well!

Every time we go to the Stockton Track the kids run ahead of me and have now started to hide from me. I love that they still want to play games with their mom! And that I can still find them!


Jesse was yelling "NO, don't take our picture!"

Customary group selfie and then the pull-up challenge. Jesse tried to change it up a bit by running up and jumping to the bar. He's so close but still can't grab a hold of it. 


Zoey asked why is she always the smallest in the picture? Oh my baby blonde beauty, how I love thee! Jesse made a sound of disgust and we just ignored her question. Sometimes I just can't answer.

As we were doing our five minute warmup power walk I spoke briefly with the two young college kids that were practicing their sprints. Making sure that we weren't going to get in their way. Super nice, super sweet guys. They said "you are definitely not in the way, do your thing momma!" LOVE IT! Jesse and Zoey both told me they would stay out of the guys way. 

In true Bown Family fashion, maybe in true Jesse fashion, we had to make a game out of the run. Zoey started in lane 1, Jesse was in lane 2, and I was in lane 3. For each running interval we were supposed to switch to the next lane....Zoey to lane 2, Jesse to lane 3, and me to lane 4. There are sic running intervals which would have put me in lane 8 by the end. Since we were sharing the track we were only able to move to lane 6 but no worries, we still had fun. 

The not so fun part was after the five minute warmup and the C25K program said to run for 3 minutes. Zoey says "WHAT???? We aren't supposed to be at 3 minute yet!" Seriously folks, she was shreaking this at the top of her lungs!

Apparently, Mommy made a boo boo and didn't change the program to Week 2 Day 2 (AKA Day 5) and left it on Week 4 Day 1. SOOOOO, I ended up just using my garmin watch and told everyone when to walk and when to run. This is definitely NOT ideal for me. When I run, I like to relax and just let the stress go away. Having to watch my watch constantly drives me insane. 

By the end of the session I was getting close to having to take Zoey by the hand. I was really pushing her because she was so lax on Monday. I knew today was going to be hard for her. The last two runs I actually had her run 2 minutes instead of the 90 seconds we were supposed to. She managed but she was NOT happy. 

After the run, we all did 10 push ups and then ran the bleachers. Jesse did 8, while Zoey and I each did 3. Not too shabby!


Zoey was NOT feeling the love of our finishing selfie and definitely faked that smile! She even said "I'm going to fake it!" LOL!

Oh yeah, Zoey also decided to dress up for our run. Who knew that her fancy Frozen skirt was the perfect running skirt. I guess Zoey did! Honestly, though, everything Zoey throws together is adorable. She's just that cute!



As we were leaving the track Zoey says "Hey Jesse, I broke two sweats. How about you?" REALLY! Jesse replies with "ehhhh, maybe one sweat!" Just so you know my children count "sweats" as beads of sweat that run down their face.  When I looked at Jesse, sure enough there was no sweat on his face. I was so not impressed considering I was dripping with sweat!

The kids are really loving "the short track" outside of the main gate and Jesse wanted to see how fast he could go; "Hey mommy, time me!". Jesse ran the short track in 16.15 seconds (up and back). Not too shabby! And he broke another sweat!

On our drive home Jesse was freezing and wrapped himself in his fleece blanket. REALLY, REALLY DUDE, YOU'RE COLD!

I was able to get a snapshot of him
at a stop light! 

No comments:

Post a Comment