Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Zoey's 4th 5K Training Day!

2nd Week of Training has begun!

Well Zoey made it to the second week of the Couch to 5K (C25K) training! I have to be honest, I did not think she would make it! But she did and I have to give her props! This little girl does not seem deterred from the hard work.

Our 4th training day brought clouds, a nice breeze, and no sun beating on us. This was a huge relief for mom as well.

As with all our other training days, we have to take a customary selfie before we begin. The kids are wanting to do different poses now. Crazy Kids!


I'm not the best at this selfie thing so sometimes 
they may not turn out the best, but we have fun!

Our other tradition has been doing pullups (chinups) before we begin. Jesse is realizing that the bigger he gets the harder it is to do them. Today, of course, we had to take some pictures. 

We got this!

UMMM, what's happening?

OK, I can't do it anymore!

HELP! I can't hold on anymore!!!!!!
Jesse was afraid to do his pullups with Zoey next to him. I think he was afraid of kicking her or something. Zoey is afraid to drop from the bar. Now what you don't see in these pictures is that they cannot get up here on their own. I have to lift them up. I actually cannot reach this bar myself; so it's pretty high up there. 

Jesse wanted to run faster today since it was so nice out. I was fine with that until Zoey wanted to go faster too. Exactly what I thought would happen, happened. Zoey ran for a bit with Jesse and then slowed, and slowed, and slowed. Before long she was barely running. You know this little girl wasn't putting in much effort when she wasn't breathing heavy at all and didn't break a sweat.

SOOOOO, Mommy made her come back and run with me. I really made her work for the 2nd half of this training session; making her keep up with me and I was pushing it. Needless to say here came the heavy breathing at the end of each running interval and the sweat started! She will stick running by my side from now on.

At the end of our run a group of deer were grazing on the soccer field. There were some babies too!

The kids thought it was so cool that several of the deer
looked at us when I was taking the picture. 
After the running intervals were complete (2.24 miles) they had to do 5 pullups or 5 pushups, or a combination there of. All pullups/pushups had to be proper. They both got in 2 pullups and 3 pushups. Then it was off to the bleachers. Jesse ran the bleachers 6 times and Zoey 2 times; I also did 2 sets on the bleachers. Next week we are bumping it up.

Jesse tried to get Zoey to rub his head when they were done working out......then when Zoey was trying to stretch Jesse couldn't resist messing with her.



Of course one more picture had to be taken! Looks like Zoey found the duckface! UGH!

BUT, we go a THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's see if that continues on Wednesday for our next run!


No comments:

Post a Comment