Monday, August 20, 2018

Zoey's 3rd Day of 5K Training

Zoey's 5K training is coming along. We set out mid day on Friday for her 3rd training session and I thought it was going to be great!

I mean, just look at the smiles she was giving! Zoey saw this little stretch of track outside of the fenced area and says "This is the kind of track I like. Nice and small!" LOL! Silly girl, this is not where you will be running!








When we got to the opening of the Stockton University Track Zoey was still in a great mood. Seriously, just look at this face!

Doesn't it just scream "I ❤ Running!"














I love to see their smiling faces before we set out to run in the god awful heat that has been August over the pat week!



Zoey's wonderful smile was so short lived! It took all of 5 seconds into the first run for her to be hatin' life.


When we finished our 3rd day of training I had the kids run the bleachers. Mainly this is for Jesse since he always has extra energy and in his words "only broke a sweat today because of the heat, the running didn't do it!" Well sir, 6 laps of the bleachers please!

Zoey completed 2 sets and I completed 1. My knees were a screamin'!


A set to me is considered up and down one set of stairs. Zoey walked this and Jesse ran it. I truly wish I had this boy's energy!

When we finished our bleachers Jesse was still feelin' good!

I can see rosy cheeks! I think I finally got him a little, little I say, tired! Who am I kidding. because just after this next picture Jesse yells "Last one to the car is a rotten egg" and took off like a bat out of hell! Zoey yells, quite nastily, "Oh who cares!". LMAO! It was so funny!



Zoey is just not impressed with running! She doesn't realize yet the benefits of what running can do for her in the long term. Her swimming will improve because her legs will be stronger and her lung capacity will be greater. She'll be able to eat all the carbs, well most of them, that she wants.


All in all it was a great run! A hot run, but a great one! I am truly enjoying this quality time with my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment