Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Week 2 is DONE - Zoey Did it!

Zoey has made it through two weeks of her 5K training! 

I'll be honest, I was not sure that my baby girl was going to make it.

The whole family was tired on Friday and we didn't make it to the track but I told the kids that we would go on Saturday after Zoey's birthday party. Zoey was not impressed with this!

Zoey's 8th birthday is coming up and we had her party at Young's Skating Center this past Saturday. We skated for 2 1/2 hours! On the way home I reminded the kids that we were going to do our Week 2 Day 3 5K training before dinner. Zoey says "WHAT? What about my presents? Are you really going to make me leave my new presents right away?!?!?!?" UMMM, yeah baby girl! You can handle it!

Jesse just sighed and said "UGH, GIRLS!" LMAO! This kid cracks me up the older he gets!

Well, we made it home and let Zoey open up all of her presents. AND YES, I'm not heartless, I let her play a little bit before we left. I almost gave in and had us skip running today and wait until tomorrow (Sunday) but Jesse said "MOOOMMMMMMM, we need to run, we already skipped yesterday!" You are correct young sir! Unfortunately, Zoey did not see the humor in going running....and tried to get Daddy to help her get out of going.


Oh that face Zoey! She tries so hard to give me any type of pouty face! She hasn't realized, no matter how many times I tell her, that it doesn't work on me. 

Daddy tried to cheer her up and even gave her a finger to chew on. Of course that made her smile but it didn't help when we left for the Stockton University Track.


By the time we arrived, Zoey was NOT feeling it! Poor thing was so unhappy and tried to give smiles but they were so forced.


I couldn't even get her to smile properly when we were showing off our matching snowflake skirts. By the way, we do know that it is August! But who cares, we can wear snowflakes if we want to!


That face!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Even though Zoey wasn't feeling this training session she did pretty well! We did walk/run intervals where the longest run was for 2 minutes and the shortest was for 90 seconds. We completed 2.47 miles which is a new record for Zoey!

After the run, we did 15 pushups, crunches, leg lifts, and ran the bleachers! Even though Zoey isn't happy about all this she did an amazing job. I'm truly proud of her and am quite impressed with her progress.


When I wanted to take our last selfie Zoey said "WHY OH WHY do you have to take all these pictures? I'm really tired!" Well my darling, I take all these pictures because I want to show you how far you've come! XOXO Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment