Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Medal Monday a few days late; more like.....

...TWO MONTHS LATE

OK seriously, I started writing this post more than two months ago! WOW, just WOW! 

Every Monday morning I see all my running friends across the country posting these fabulous pictures about their weekend runs ahem....races and I rarely get the opportunity to post some medals I've earned over the weekend.

Last week, JUNE...we're talking JUNE folks, was just crazy and the weekend crazier! After several full days of travel, work, school, swim practice, and packing Chuck and I were stressed! All day on Saturday, June 9, 2018, I kept saying "When are we doing our Goonies Run?"

We had scheduled this run over a month prior on this day.

So at 8PM, dog tired, puppies barking...we headed to the Ventnor Boardwalk!

Chuck, Jesse, and myself set out around 8:30 PM to complete the Copper Bones Virtual 5K.

Here we are before our run!
What a surprise Jesse is running topless!

Chuck went for his power walk.....I can't typically keep up with him. Jesse and I did walk/run intervals and had a great Mother/Son conversation during the whole run!

When we were just past half way back Jesse looks at me and says "WOW, you are really sweating!" Thanks kid! "Of course I am, I'm old Jesse! This takes a lot of work." He replies "meh, I haven't broken a sweat yet!"

I proceeded to shove him to the other side of the boardwalk while he laughed his cute little butt off! He laughed for a good long time!

We passed Chuck a couple of times and each time Jesse says "Hi Daddy, Bye Daddy!" Jesse also, waved hello to everyone that we passed or who passed us.

When we were close to being done Jesse says "Let's sprint!" Ummmm, sorry dude but Mommy is not interested in sprinting...nor do I think I can do that. 

So Jesse sprinted the last quarter mile and yelled "WHOO HOO" when he finished.

So of course, he had to have a muscle shot at the end of the run!


Well Mommy has to have a muscle shot too! How could I not? 

Chuck finished not too far after Jesse and I. To be honest his 
power walk is like a jog for most people. He's got some powerful legs!!!!!!

My little dude with his Goonies medal and running bib! Now if I only have the time to put of his medal rack he got for Christmas! I KNOW PEOPLE, we are so behind on everything!

Chuck earned his medal too!

Can't forget the old lady; sweatin' up a storm! Man was it humid!

As always we had an excellent time and enjoyed each other's company. I know it's two months later, plus some, and Jesse has been itching to go on another boardwalk run with me. We've got to get to it! I have several Hogwart's medals to earn!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment