Thursday, February 21, 2019

Continue to Channel Mary......Disney Trip Report - Day 2

Oh trying to get up this morning was a real chore! I just didn't want to do it. Every time we drive to Disney I think to myself, why did we do it....I'm always so tired. Where Chuck always springs into action like Tigger ready to start the day and get to the parks. Boing, Boing, Boing.....



Just put Chuck's face in place of Tigger's face 
and follow the bouncing Chuck!

Me, I just want to go back to bed or read while lying there thinking of sleeping, more like Eeyore.

I managed to get myself rolling....literally rolling myself out of bed, when I heard the children come barreling down the wood floors and stairs to get their breakfast. I couldn't help but start to get excited when I heard their excitement about what they were going to wear and what they wanted to do.

Of course, Zoey asked at the last minute if she could have a bun. NEWS FLASH FOLKS....I'm not a girlie girl except for my nails. Zoey knows this but she is always asking me to do something special with her hair. I did the best bun I could with complete expectations that it would fall out. Zoey of course loved it which did wonders for my heart!

Before I go any further....I have to say (and I may have said this before) that I teased Mary all the time about writing things down while we were on vacation. I just had to sit with Chuck and have us both review what we did in our heads because I couldn't remember! Now in my defense it could be that huge, wonderfully delicious, burger I just had from Tony Beef! For those that live in Atlantic County, NJ you need to check this place out!

It's Sunday, February 10, 2019, and day two couldn't be any better than spending it at the Magic Kingdom! We were surprised at how low the crowds were. It did get busy in the late afternoon but otherwise it was a fairly moderate to low crowd day.


As we first got to the Magic Kingdom we soared right through the Annual Passholder line! I love this line, well I guess I love it when everyone in the line knows what they are doing. So today I LOVE IT!

Our first stop was to get our memorial picture. This Photo Pass member knew exactly what we were trying to accomplish and I'm over the moon happy with this picture.  I can't wait to get it printed!
It feel like Mary is right there with us with a little pixie dust!

Our hugging picture turned out just as great! I wish I got the photographer's name. He was fantastic and I thanked him with tears in my eyes. I would have liked to go tell someone how much I appreciated him and how much he cared about what we wanted.

Family huggggggg!

Off to buzz light year! We were able to get on buzz twice before heading over to space mountain. I got to say this is the way to do it. Get a fastpass for Space Mountain and ride buzz while the line is short!

Just so you know, I don't think I'm ever looking at the camera on this ride! 

And these two always look picture perfect. By the way Chuck ALWAYS gets a perfect score on this ride too! I just don't know how he does it. I'm lucky if I get over 50K and that's only because I hold the button in the whole time and my score keeps increasing that way. 

SHHHHH! DON'T TELL ANYONE MY SECRET!

While Chuck, Zoey and I headed over to Space Mountain, Jesse got to ride Buzz a couple more times and then chilled on the People Mover.

Once again, Chuck knows where to look for the camera and I'm looking anywhere but. 
At least I have a smile on my face!


Once we caught back up with Jesse we were all hungry and ready for some lunch. However, we had to get in our Pirates fix before we could eat! But wait....There's Memento Mori (Haunted Mansion's gift shop). We had to go see if they had the Haunted Mansion themed back pack. I should have gotten this when we were there in October! GRRRRR! I might have to get it on eBay!

You never have to ask our group where we are going to eat lunch. We ALWAYS eat at Pecos Bills for lunch! You just can't go wrong with this place. It doesn't matter if you are watching calories, watching carbs, or watching that cheeseburger going down your throat (that might be interesting) this place is YUMMMMY! I can almost order everyone's meal without even asking!
  • Chuck: Beef nachos, water and churros to share with me. 
  • Karen: taco trio (beef, chicken, and spicy cauliflower)
  • Jesse: Bacon cheeseburger plain, milk, churros to share with Zoey. 
  • Zoey: Uncrustable kids meal with two apple sauces and an apple juice. 
By the time Chuck and I are back at the table with the food/drinks, Jesse has gone to the fixin's bar to get everyone a little cup of shredded cheese. It's a thing with Jesse and we just go with it. If you have not had this spicy cauliflower taco or side dish (from the kiosk just outside of Pecos Bills) you are missing out! These are delicious! 


After our fiddles we headed up to the Fire Hall on Main Street to get our Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom cards. Have you played this game? We really enjoy it and are still learning how it all works. We have all but two of the cards and then tons of duplicates. We even have some of the party cards. We didn't get to actually play the game today. It was raining pretty heavy off and on today and we didn't want to get our cards wet.

So off to the Haunted Mansion we went for our next Fast Pass. I have to say I love going on this ride with the kids. We all recite the everything that is said for most of the ride. Most folks get a kick out of Zoey reciting the beginning part ...."there are no windows and no doors...." The evil laugh she gives is hilarious!

The rain wasn't too bad right now and we had a fastpass for Thunder Mountain railroad. I'm pretty sure this is Zoey's favorite ride. She loves reciting the safety speech at the beginning of the ride. One of these trips I'm going to have to dress her up as a cowgirl (in all pink of course) and have her recite this. And don't you know it was raining pretty good as we were going around the track. We were all laughing and having a really good time. The Asian couple behind us were hilarious about the rain and could have been our kin by the way they were hootin' and a hollarin' with us! As as we pull back into the station Jesse yells "It's now time for the symphony of UUHHHHH!" as the ride comes to a stop.

Chuck and Jesse were tired of being wet so Zoey and I waited for 30 minutes in the rain for Splash Mountain. I was hoping to get a really good picture with her on this ride. She rarely wants to sit with me and always wants to sit with Daddy on all the rides.






Well Splash Mountain you did not disappoint me in the picture department. What picture isn't complete without someone's hand being in your face!I think the only way I'm going to get a good picture is if I sit in the front seat and then there is no chance that I won't be looking in the wrong direction. LOL!

By this point I was getting really tired and said "a break would be nice". Just so you know Chuck doesn't believe in breaks while we are at Disney. He thinks we should be at the parks from open to close and even longer if he could. So while Chuck and Zoey went on Littler Mermaid and Barn Stormer Jesse and I relaxed in the circus tent. Do you know that they have actual comfy chairs in this area? I got to put my feet up and my head back, took probably an hour nap. Jesse laid on a lounge chair playing on his phone. But it was just the charge we needed to keep going.


Daddy's got really long arms!
 
He also managed to get a picture of where the new Tron ride is going to be!
We are all looking forward to this ride being completed. And also for the Speedway to open back up.


FOOOD, FEED MEEEE! I WANT DINNER, CAN WE EAT!!!! Ahh, the sounds of music! Or maybe just a hungry family. Traipsing all over the Magic Kingdom numerous times in a day will make you hungry. Chuck had seen that Cosmic Rays had a new burger that he was interested in trying. When we walked inside we were surprised to see Bay 1 open. Bay 1 is NEVER open, at least not when we have been there. We were also surprised to see that they were doing some type of construction on the other half of the restaurant.

The new Mickey cheeseburger with Mac n Cheese on it was pretty good. We partnered it with thee loaded fries. And yes before anyone asks Chuck and I enjoyed our heart attack meal just nicely! ;) At least we washed it down with a bottle of water. =)

It's been an extremely busy day and I am plum tuckered! For the last year and a half my life has not been my own. I haven't slept right in all that time. And the last two weeks before this day have been horrible, little to no sleep. So to say that I was exhausted is truly an understatement. I felt like I was walking on fumes. As we were heading out for an early night Zoey and Chuck both spot Merida. Merida is one of Chuck's favorite, of course she's a red head!

Being the good sport that I am we stood in line for 30 minutes waiting to see Merida.....I think it was worth the wait even if Jesse wouldn't get in the picture with us!


Any one notice that Zoey still had her bun?!?!? Not too shabby Mommy! Please don't ask me to do another one! PSST....I actually YouTube how to do this. Found a dad doing a bun for his little girl.

It's officially time for me to go to bed. I have yawned the whole time I was writing this part of the trip report. At the same time I was quizzing Jesse on his spelling words, yelling up to Zoey that she needed to hurry up in the shower, and listening to Chuck snore from his recliner in the basement. All in a night's work here at the Bown residence! BTW, Chuck had a huge burger too....might have something to do with the need for his nap. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment