Thursday, August 29, 2019

2019 TN Vacation - Day 2 Trip Report

It was a true toss up of what we were going to do today. Was it going to be the waterpark or hiking? The weather said overcast with a 50% + chance of rain for Saturday an Sunday. So we opted for Dollywood's Splash Country Waterpark! I certainly don't mind being rained on while at the waterpark.

But first we had to get in a good breakfast at FRIZZLE CHICKEN! Chuck happened to find this a few days before we left and we knew that Jesse had to go here. When I saw the website and the video I knew that I HAD TO GO HERE!




Frizzle Chicken has chicken animatronics throughout their restaurant! These so cool and are named after famous people. The animatronics sing a song about every 30 minutes.


Of course Jesse had to wear a Chicken Hat and TShirt to Frizzle Chicken.

They have an egg decorating machine for each child to use. You are given a wooden egg (thankfully) and colored sharpies to "color your egg". The machine spins the egg as you color it. So cool! There are several videos of this on my facebook page.


On to the FOOD!!!!! The GLOROUS FOOD! OMG, this food was absolutely delicious! We couldn't wait to take Jill and Chris there when they arrived later in the week.

Zoey had cinnamon roll pancakes! No syrup needed! These were so good and Zoey had a hard time keeping all of from "just trying a bite".


My breakfast was oh so yummy! Homefries, Chicken fried steak, onions, a poached egg and saw mill sausage gravy all piled high! Most folks would need a nap after this and I was no exception! SO DELISH!


Chuck and Jesse both had biscuits and gravy. AGAIN, folks....you need to go to FRIZZLE CHICKEN. They have amazing food!


Here's more of the animatronics......singing chickens are a blast!


After our bellies were overly stuffed we headed over to Splash Country. After finding me a nice big umbrella to sit under Chuck and the kids were off to the wave pool. Then Zoey went on the tallest straight down waterslide I've seen. This girl has no fear these days! Jesse was off by himself doing his own thing for a while and Chuck went off with Zoey. Chuck kept asking if I was OK sitting under the umbrella not doing anything.

What he was forgetting is that I am constantly on the go and never have downtime. To be sitting under that umbrella switching between reading a book and people watching with my feet up feeling the wonderful breeze I was having the time of my life. I haven't felt so relaxed in a really long time. I kept saying to myself "I can't believe how relaxed I am and how much I needed this vacation".

When Chuck and Jesse met back up at the wave pool they all ran off to the water slides together. They were racing each other when they could go all three of them side by side. There was even a roller coaster water slide where it would shoot you back up the hill in several places. Here's a video of Chuck and Zoey on some type of swirly water slide. I love how Zoey gets out of the tube at the end!

We stayed within an hour of closing; went back to the condo for a quick change before going to the Applewood Farm Restaurant for dinner. They serve Apple Fritters and an Apple Cider Julip (?) as a free appetizer. Chuck and I enjoyed the Julips and the Fritters. The kids devoured the fritters but would not try the apple butter to go with them. Chuck drank three of the four Julips.

Dinner was extremely good! I had chicken and dumplings. NOW, I am 100% partial to my own Chicken 'n Dumplings however this was very good! Chuck's meatloaf dinner was the best he had all vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment